I am Reading

This blog is all about what I am reading and sharing my reading with you. I will recommend books for grown up reading and children to read.

Saturday 25 February 2017

Summer Reading Oddessy

I love reading books and can't imagine a life without reading.  As a child I loved books and relished the opportunity to buy or be given a new book, and the Lucky Book Club (Scholastic) leaflet was always anticipated with delight because my Mum (pretty much) always let us order one or two books each time. 


This has not changed as an adult.


I love getting a book for Christmas or birthday presents.  I can rarely go through a mall without browsing Paper Plus or Whitcoulls or any other bookshop that I pass.  I love buying books and I have favourite shops I frequent.


As a teacher I also love children's books and have a huge number.  I have my own collection of books I love.  I have books I share with the students for them to use as part of my reading programme.  I have books I have purchased to support various units I love to teach (I have a large number of books about Anzac Day for example).


The benefits for children and adults of reading books are outlined below in this awesome graphic (see credit bottom left of graphic):







After finishing some pretty heavy reading for my Masters I headed into the summer with some books lent to me by a friend, two gifted as Christmas presents (one I specifically asked for), one I bought for myself, one I wanted to re-read and one that my Dad got for Christmas.



The only book missing from the list is the one I re-read to get my happy place... I've lent Chocolate Cake for Breakfast to my sister in law.  This book is fabulous.


I was feeling a bit lost for a few weeks without a book to read, but my Dad finished another book and passed it on to me.  This is what I am reading currently:



I have a backlog of reviews to complete and publish.... so prepare for the onslaught of what I've been reading.  And here are a few quotes about reading that explain what reading and books mean to me....












No comments:

Post a Comment