I am Reading

This blog is all about what I am reading and sharing my reading with you. I will recommend books for grown up reading and children to read.

Tuesday 28 January 2014

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Like I said in my previous review The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, I jumped on the bandwagon for this series after watching Catching Fire at the movies.  Having read the first book a few weeks ago, I went and purchased the second book... and soon I will be on the hunt for the third book.

So here is the front cover and the blurb on the back cover:



As I said in the review of the first book, there are things that you read in the book that can not always be accurately portrayed in the movie.  The book will describe to you what a character is thinking, seeing and doing in a more specific way; whereas the film will tend to 'show' you visually.

So reading the movie after the book I of course picked up on some big differences of things that were and were not in the movie compared to the book; and I was filled in on some of the thinking Katniss was having.

Right from the beginning of this book I was engaged in the torment Katniss is experiencing from her time in the Hunger Games arena.  You are soon under no illusions that President Snow does not believe that Katniss is in love with Peeta and he is worried about the implications of what Katniss and Peeta did to win the Hunger Games. 

As Katniss and Peeta tour the districts they discover an uneasiness, and then the worst possible thing that can happen to all the living victors of the Hunger Games takes place - the Quarter Quell.

Right to the end you are invested in what will happen to Katniss and Peeta.  New characters are introduced and you are not sure which way their alliances lie or how trustworthy they are.

The ending of this book gives some satisfaction, but mostly is a cliff hanger... needing you to go to the next book to find out the outcome of who lives and loves in the future.

Right... I better be off to purchase the next book then and put myself out of this misery!!

No comments:

Post a Comment