I am Reading

This blog is all about what I am reading and sharing my reading with you. I will recommend books for grown up reading and children to read.

Sunday 22 December 2013

Why am I starting this blog?

I love reading.  I've been reading since I started learning to read as a nearly five year old and I took to it like a duck to water.

Early in Term 4 of 2013 I went to a workshop run by the National Library service for schools.  We started off with introducing ourselves and what we were currently reading/had recently read.  Luckily I had read a book during the recent term break, so I could actually say something apart from reading the newspaper online, emails and the kids' writing in class.

But I'm one of those readers who usually only reads during the term breaks and summer holidays.  Why?  Well, once I start reading a book, everything goes out the window.  No housework gets done, well balanced meals are an enigma and definitely school work doesn't get a look in.  I blame Dad and my Aunty Ellen.... they do the same thing.

So usually my term time reading is what is in the newspaper (online or in hand), magazines like Woman's Day and Cleo (but I haven't even read all my Cleos the last six months!), emails, Facebook, Twitter, blogs and what the children are writing/reading.

After that workshop though, I got a bit inspired, decided that a bit of reading for my own pleasure should take place.

So what have I been reading recently?

See below:

 
 
 
 

And what am I planning on reading over the summer holidays?


As well as the latest Wilbur Smith book Vicious Circle (Dad's Christmas present this year - don't tell him - so I have to let him read it first!), Bryce Courtenay's last book Jack of Diamonds (Dad's Christmas present last year that I've yet to read!) and my cousin just got I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai with her ghost writer (there are a lot of people in line to read this!)... so you can see that I have ambitious plans.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment